Donate Life ECHO is all about celebrating the opportunity every community has to make a lifesaving difference by supporting organ, eye and tissue donor registration. An echo needs only one person to give it voice. When others join, the ECHO becomes an inspiration!
Hosted annually each July by the Association for Multicultural Affairs in Transplantation (AMAT) and Donate Life America (DLA), Donate Life ECHO stands for Every Community Has Opportunity. This campaign provides easy and fun resources to help you share your decision to register. Learn more about the history and importance of the Donate Life ECHO campaign here.
Here are ways you can start a Donate Life ECHO!
Create your own Donate Life ECHO memes with these easy-to-use graphics. Give your ECHO photos extra oomph with printable Speech Bubbles and fun overlays.
Ready-made Speech Bubbles: English | Espanol
Make-your-own Speech Bubble: Template
Speech Bubble photo overlay: JPG and PNG formats
“Join ME in creating a Donate Life ECHO” banner overlays for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: English | Espanol
“Join US in creating a Donate Life ECHO” banner overlays for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: English | Espanol
Add an ECHO banner overlay
Have fun with Speech Bubbles
Make a Donate Life ECHO Video and enter it for a chance to win a $500 Amazon Gift Card. Make a one-minute movie masterpiece on the Donate Life ECHO theme. Then, post it on the Donate Life America Facebook page between July 11-22, 2017 for a chance to WIN prizes. Complete rules here.
You don’t have to be Spike Lee or the next Spielberg to participate – just grab your phone and start rolling! Here are some tips to help with your video creation:
- Keep it short – more than a minute can be a yawn
- Make it personal – give your name & why donation is important to you
- Inspire action – invite your community group, school, church, family & friends to register with Donate Life Texas or at RegisterMe.org
- Keep the ECHO going – include a Donate Life “ECHO me” or “ECHO us” shout out
- Use props like speech bubbles & sport your fav Donate Life blue and green outfit (did someone say face paint?)
- Go wide – hold the phone sideways so the video is wider than it is tall
- Include hashtags when you post – #DonateLifeTexas #DonateLifeECHO, #DoneVidaECO, #DonateLife, #ECHOme, #HearMyStoryOf
Need some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing – check these out:
Gregorio, the 2016 ECHO Video Contest winner…who is also from Texas!
Diego, Kidney Recipient a young man who loves baseball and his mother
Mary, two-time Kidney Recipient who says “Don’t take your organs to heaven, because heaven knows we need them here!”
Print your own Donate Life ECHO cards to hand out to people to meet out and about, like the lady in line at the grocery store, your Sunday School teacher, a camp counselor, the bank teller or even the person delivering your mail.
Card Front with male figure
Card Front with female figure
Card Back with Donate Life Texas info